Join Us for the “Top Six Issues in Contractor's Purchasing System Reviews (CPSR)” Training Webinar on June 23, 2021
O v e r v i e w
This FREE webinar will offer attendees an overview of six major issues DCMA finds when performing a Contractor's Purchasing System Review (CPSR).
L e a r n i n g O b j e c t i v e s
At the completion of this one-hour webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify six major issues and how to prevent them.
- Explain the necessity of having a universe of awards DCMA will review.
- Discuss what topics should be included in a purchasing manual.
- Explain how to properly fill out a commercial item determination form.
- List the most common reasons a sole source justification is needed.
- Identify the requirements for a negotiation memorandum.
- Discuss elements of a good cost/price analysis.
P r o g r a m C o n t e n t
During the webinar, your faculty will discuss:
- What purchase orders and subcontracts are not included in the CPSR universe and why.
- DCMA’s list of 30 policies that should be documented in every purchasing system.
- Why saying “it is too expensive to change vendors” is not enough to justify not competing an award and how to quantify that expense.
- What is the difference between a commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) item and a commercial item? What documentation is required for each?
- What does FAR 15.406-3 say about documenting negotiations?
- What is the difference between cost analysis and price analysis? What is the purpose of each?
About Redstone GCI
RGCI enables contractors doing business with the U.S. government to comply with the complex and challenging procurement regulatory provisions and contract requirements by providing superior cost, pricing, accounting, and contracts administration consulting expertise to clients expeditiously, efficiently, and within customer expectations. Our consulting expertise and experience is unparalleled in understanding unique challenges of government contractors, our operating procedures are crafted and monitored to ensure rock-solid compliance, and our company’s charter and implementing policies are designed to continuously meet needs of clients while fostering a long-term partnership with each client through pro-active communication with our clients.