This FREE webinar will offer attendees an overview of the Service Contract Act (SCA) and show how the regulations for implementing SCA are some of the most challenging requirements for contractors and contracting agencies involved in federal contracts for services. If you are competing for the award of a service contract or performing a service contract and administering your responsibilities under the SCA, this presentation by Ms. Brabston and Ms. Buchanan will assist you in understanding your SCA obligations and compliance requirements.
At the completion of this one-hour webinar, participants will be able to:
- Define which contracts are affected by the SCA.
- Identify the specific roles HR, Contracts, Finance/Accounting, Bid/Proposal, and PMs play in ensuring SCA compliance.
- Implement Best Practices for addressing all compliance with the SCA, including fringe benefits, health and welfare, sick leave, vacation, administrative and recordkeeping requirements.
- Respond to a DOL audit/investigation.
- Understand the consequences of SCA violations.
Program ContentDuring the webinar, your faculty will discuss the following:
- Determining SCA Applicability
- Responsibilities of Successor Contractors
- Appropriately classifying service employees per the SCA Directory of Occupations
- Explanation of Wage Determinations
- Calculating Health and Welfare – Fixed vs. Average calculation method
- Defining Bona Fide Fringe Benefits
- Impact of a Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Impact on Pricing and Price Adjustments
- Record keeping Requirements
About Redstone GCI
RGCI enables contractors doing business with the U.S. government to comply with the complex and challenging procurement regulatory provisions and contract requirements by providing superior cost, pricing, accounting, and contracts administration consulting expertise to clients expeditiously, efficiently, and within customer expectations. Our consulting expertise and experience is unparalleled in understanding unique challenges of government contractors, our operating procedures are crafted and monitored to ensure rock-solid compliance, and our company’s charter and implementing policies are designed to continuously meet needs of clients while fostering a long-term partnership with each client through pro-active communication with our clients.